Subject: Re: Powerview
From: "Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 21:50:22 -0500

At 04:49 PM 12/21/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Does any(every)one else get a "Can't get handle" message when invoking 
>Powerview? I get it every time; it still works, though and *wow* it is cool
>. 
>BYW, to crash the Intel 4.0 Rev B 
>Modeler, just load the animal/butterfly object, do an "a" to scale, and 
>load up PowerView. *poof!*

Try loading up the SpaceShip object.  May do the same things.  Apparently,
anyone doing plug-ins has to watch out for a bug in Modeler's plug-in
interface and getting point/polygon count information on objects with
attached (detail?) polygons.  According to the last message I saw from
Stuart, this won't be fixed for 4.0.  :(  Bad thing is, plug-ins don't know
when an object has such polygons to prevent the crash unless someone parses
the object themselves.  :(

But anyway, I dig PowerView!  

Dan

--
Daniel J. McCoy - [email-masked] or [email-masked]
WWW - http://www.westworld.com/~djmccoy